- About AAMT
- Data and Link
- Regional Information
Organization | About AAMT
History of the Association
The Asia-Pacific Association for Machine Translation was originally established on April 17, 1991, under the name of the Japan Association for Machine Translation. To expand its operations, the name was subsequently changed to the Asia-Pacific Association for Machine Translation.
International Association for Machine Translation (IAMT)
(as of Apr. 2015)
- Hiromi Nakaiwa : Designated Professor, Nagoy University
- Hitoshi Iida :
- Taizo Kotani : President, Inter Group Corporation
- Hitoshi Isahara : Professor,TOYOHASHI University of Technology
- Shun Ishizaki : Professor Emeritus, Keio University
- Takehito Utsuro : Professor, University of Tsukuba
- Akira Kumano : Cheaf Specialist, Toshiba Splutions Corporation
- Yoshiyuki Sakamoto
- Jun-ichi Tsujii : Principal Researcher, Microsoft Research Asia, Visiting Professor, University of Manchester
- Makoto Nagao :
- Masaaki Nagata : NIPPON TELEGRAPH AND TELEPHONE CORPORATION
- Hidekazu Hasegawa : Executive Senior Vice President, Japan Electronics ＆ Information Technology Industries Association
- Masahiro Hoshino : General Manager, R & D Information Management Department, Law & compliance & Intellectual Property Group, Fujitsu Ltd.
- Toshimichi Moriya : Japan Patent Information Organization
- Shoichi Yokoyama : Professor, Yamagata University
- Key-Sun Choi : Professor, Computer Science Division, KAIST Korterm
- Virach Sornlertlamvanich : Expert, TPA, Principle Researcher NECTEC
- Akio Taneda : Senior Manager, External Relations Division, NEC Corporation
- Midori Kawamura : Director, Japan Translation Federation / President, Kawamura International Co., Ltd Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation
(As of Feb. 2014)
The association's 22 corporate members include machine translation (MT) system manufacturers, MT-related software and tool developers, MT system distributors, MT research institutes, and other organizations. The over 50 individual members include scholars, researchers, engineers, developers, distributors, document handlers, translation technicians, and translators.
- Board of Directors
- Editorial Committee
- Committee for Seeking Future Direction of MT
- AAMT/Japio Patent-Translation Workshop
- Internet Working Group
The Association's Relationship with Other Organizations
Research-and-development organizations involved in machine translation include the Information Processing Society of Japan, the Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence, and the Association for Natural Language Processing. The Japan Electronic Industry Association also conducts research on machine translation system technological developments and overseas technical trends.
For the translation industry, the Japan Translation Association under the Labor Ministry's jurisdiction gives qualifying tests to translators for official authorization. The association also supports translator-training programs. The Japan Translation Federation Inc. trains translators, develops translation business, and encourages information exchanges.
The Asia-Pacific Association for Machine Translation comprehensively promotes machine translation development, education, and publicity. Our operations encompass research and development, production, marketing, and user services.
Last Updated: 08 Apr. 2015